The current PHX Airport shuttle contract is expiring at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl Airport. The city of Phoenix, which owns and operates the PHX Airport issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) on July 1, 2010. The RFP for the airport contract recently closed on August 16, 2010. Six proposals were submitted. The current contract is operated by Arizona Super Shuttle which is operating on a month-to-month basis.
In November, the city of Phoenix is scheduled to announce which company will be awarded the exclusive PHX Airport shuttle contract. The shuttle contract is scheduled to begin on February 1, 2011.
The PHX Airport shuttle contract will be awarded based on a point system. Total available points is 100. The company with the highest number of points wins the contract. In case of a tie, the shuttle company with the highest proposed annual contract fee will be awarded the Phoenix Airport contract.
Total Available Points
- Proposed annual contract fee: 0-50 points
- Maximum shuttle fare from PHX Airport
- 5-mile radius: 0-12.5 points
- 15-mile radius: 0-12.5 points
- 25-mile radius: 0-12.5 points
- 35-mile radius: 0-12.5 points
RFP Specifications for PHX Shuttle Contract
- Minimum annual contract fee is $90,000.
- Duration of Shuttle Contract: 4 years with a one, 4 year renewal option.
- Provide on-demand shuttle service within a 35 mile radius, 24/7 days a week.
- General Manager must have 3 or more years experience managing a minimum of 20 vehicles.
- 5% of vehicles must be ADA compliant and wheelchair accessible.
- All shuttles must comply with alternative fuel requirements.
- Electronic credit card equipment must be installed in all shuttle vans.
- Pay the PHX Airport required Trip Fees.
- Permanent Fleet must be operational within 6 months.
- 75% of the shuttles must be 2011 or newer.
- 25% of the vans 2008 and newer.
- Interim Fleet: Operate up to 6 months from start of contract.
- All shuttles must be 2007 or newer.
- Operational Requirement:
- Traveler must be picked up within 15 minutes of arrival at the curb.
- Shuttle van must leave the PHX Airport within 30 minutes of arrival at the curb.
Recent PHX Airport Ground Transportation News